Sunday, April 6, 2014

Remembering Barry Lee Benson (1953-2014)

"I was up all night thinking about Barry, Rhonda and family, when I all of a sudden memories filled my head.  I remembered when Barry was born, I thought I could take care of him.  Nope, 3 1/2 year olds can be dangerous because they think they can carry them. No, I didn't hurt him, but I was informed I couldn't do that any more.  I remembered when he was walking the picket fence, lost his balance and fell on one of the pickets. The picket went into his leg! I was so scared for him. I don't think he ever tried walking it again.  I remember how Barry and Murel would push my boyfriend's Volkswagon up to Main Street, which was a block away from the house. My boyfriend would get so upset! I thought it was kind of funny, but I couldn't let Barry and Murel know or my boyfriend.  We all grew up with a prankster loving father.  I remember We were having a really hard time financially when Sterling and I had 4 boys to get Christmas for.  Barry came to the rescue with Tonka trucks and such and saved Christmas for us.  He never said a word ahead of time, just showed up with them.  I remember Barry had a tender heart, though he didn't like to show it.  I cherish the memory of Barry and Rhonda and her mom, who I fell completely in love with, making the trip from Texas here.  I so very much enjoyed that visit! Barry was a good brother, all of my brothers were and are good brothers.  I will value the times we talked on the phone.  It was one of those calls how he expressed to me how much he loved you Rhonda and all of the family there.  He thought your mom was pretty special!  He loved Texas and he even had the Texan accent.  I will miss him being here on this earth but I do know we will meet again.  Heaven got a special Angel!"  (Memories of his sister, Wendy Jenson Stubbs, on the 3rd of April 2014.)

Barry Lee Benson was the son of Murel Kirk Benson and Mauna Lou Frandsen.  Rhonda is his wife.  Murel is his brother, Murel Kirk Benson, Jr.  Sterling is Wendy's husband, Sterling John Stubbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment