Friday, August 16, 2013

My Family History is Done

Have you ever heard someone say those words?  Did you cringe?  I do!  Every time!  What about, "My mother's done all of mine", or "We've gone as far back as we can go"!  Really, so you've gone back to Adam on every line!  Wow, you're amazing!

For those of us that are serious about family history, we know that we will NEVER be done. We know exactly how much research and work is involved just to do one family group, let alone a whole family line.

Someone once told me that genealogy is just names, dates and places, but that family history is something much more!  It took me some time to truly understand this, but now I've caught the spirit of Elijah!  I love my ancestors and their stories.  It is an honor and a privilege to study and research their lives.  I look forward to the grand reunion that is in store for me on the other side of the veil with those that I truly love!

I hope that you will come to love my family and yours through reading this blog.  I hope you catch the "family history bug" and get started...you have a lot of work to do...you will NEVER be done!  But you will be truly blessed, while having loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment